Created on: 27th November 2015.
Quick overview: Use of your location information.
SeekWiz, once a user opts to be a location provider uses 3G/GPRS and GPS to determine his/her location every 30 seconds and sends this information securely to our backend servers.
User has multiple ways of sharing his/her location with others on the platform.
1. Either he/she is part of a group of location providers managed by a Admin (for example location providers in SeekWiz School scenario). In such a situation the admin of the group can chose to share the location information with other users on the platform. Using the dashboard, the Admin can share or stop sharing this information at any given time.
2. Another scenario is when the user is an individual location provider using SeekWiz for personal tracking. In this case a user can share his/her location updates with another user on the platform through the app.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Verifying the phone number associated with the account is mandatory and users are registered and reference using phone numbers within the system. Besides this SIM-ID of the SIM stored. This is to enable detection of change in SIM card to enforce re-verification of phone number. We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
SIM-ID of the SIM is collected by SeekWiz. This is to enable detection of change in SIM card to enforce re-verification of phone number. Besides this no other information is collected automatically.
Does SeekWiz collect precise and real time location information of the device it is installed on?
The mobile application uses GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your location, and sends this information to the secure SeekWiz servers. This location update occurs roughly every 30 seconds when user is in location provider mode. As part of the application and the platform (through dashboard) user has freedom to select which among the other users on the platform can consume the location information they provide. Besides this SeekWiz does not provide user’s location information to anyone else on the system or any third part. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should uninstall the mobile application.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
As previously mentioned location updates are shared with others users of the platform who have been specifically selected by the user providing location updates as ones who can consume the location updates. We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
• with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
• if Sigmapeiron Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at SeekWizprivacy@sigmapeiron.com.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 30 days and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at SeekWizprivacy@sigmapeiron.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit personal data or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at SeekWizprivacy@sigmaperion.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.